Saturday, April 28, 2007

Minor Leaguer suspended

I'm all in favor of cracking down on "performance enhancing" substances. For example, I think Barry Bonds should be banned and all his home run records are fraud.

But every now and then, this whole "performance enhancing" thing hits close to home.

My local team was, until this year, an affiliate of the Dodgers. So, I've followed many of the Dodgers minor leaguers that played for the Columbus Catfish.

The Dodgers have suspended a former Catfish player for 50 games.

Los Angeles Dodgers pitching prospect Jonathan Figueroa was suspended Friday for 50 games for testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance.

[more: MinorLeagueBaseball.com]
Figueroa wasn't one of the Catfish players we got to know well, but he was still one of the Catfish. I hope he gets his situation straightened out.

No comments: